This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them - voices like yours. So no matter where you're from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
We are looking for a highly energetic, hands-on, organised, and tech-savvy Office Manager to join our global Office Management team. You will be based in our Tokyo office and provide support to our local office. The role is to develop and maintain a good and safe work environment, ensure organisational effectiveness, and manage all logistic and office-related issues. In addition to that, you will play a key role in being an ambassador of our company culture.
What you'll do
- Provide a welcoming environment for all visitors and staff – internal and external
- Be the "go-to-person" for all incoming office related queries
- Coordinate internal meetings and events, making sure all parties involved know their role to meet specific deadlines
- Source and manage office discount schemes
- Manage suppliers and seek new ones when appropriate
- Keep abreast of Health & Safety measures, and stay updated on COVID-19 office regulations
- Coordinate onboarding sessions and send out anniversary/care packages when necessary
- Maintain visitor calendar and answer questions from our colleagues globally about visiting Japan
- Be part of the Fun Committee, arrange team buildings, coordinate office lunches, etc
- Support with ad hoc HR tasks
- Manage all aspects of the office's space/infrastructure planning (moves, adds, and changes to workstations) and provide answers, resources, and solutions as requested
Who you are
- You are a passionate self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are an organisational genius and have a strong personality
- You are a highly motivated team player where winning is more important than ego
- You have a positive attitude and are able to hustle to get things done
- You know how to push back and challenge the status quo
- You are a people person and love working in a service-oriented role
- 2-3 years working experience as Office Manager or related field
- Experience in an international environment working regionally and globally
- You are native or fluent in Japanese and can speak English to a business level
Ready to meet us?
If this looks like your next challenge, apply below!