This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
We’re looking for a new Account Manager to join our team in Berlin. You’ll be managing relationships with Adyen’s existing client base in the DACH area. You will not focus on new clients sales, however a part of your responsibilities is upselling Adyen’s products and services. With a strategic mindset and a hands-on approach, you’ll drive the growth for some of the world’s leading companies.
What you’ll do
- Be the main point of contact for your merchants and proactively build relationships that are founded on trust and will last under pressure.
- Identify beneficial and commercial opportunities with the merchant, and drive commercial growth of your merchant.
- Power the growth of your merchants in multiple channels, through proactive advisory in Adyen’s products and services as well as the international payments landscape.
- Work closely with the other Adyen offices around the globe on all levels and in all departments. Work with technical, legal, financial and sales teams to develop and understand the relevance of new features for merchants based on merchant needs
- Co-operate with Adyen employees and resources on internal and customer facing projects.
Who you are
- Have a commercial mindset, with the ability to build merchant relationships, while also identifying mutually beneficial opportunities to drive commercial growth;
- Comfortable with doing in depth performance analysis as well as business case and pricing modeling
- Comfortable in presenting to technical stakeholders about the nuances of payments as well as leading high level technical discussions
- A strategic thinker with excellent project and escalation management skills and the ability to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all organisational levels and functions, both inside and outside of Adyen;
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global multicultural team (culturally aware, adjusts communication style to audiences);
- 3+ years relevant experience in a relationship management position with a focus on complex enterprise software, technical infrastructure or financial services (specifically payments).
- Ability to work in a flat organization, where the titles not matter.
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in German and English
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is located in Berlin and it will require a relocation in case you live outside of Berlin.
The way we work is guided by the eight principles of the Adyen Formula.
To our customers we’re not just another technology provider. We’re partners in their growth. If you’re not just another sales leader, marketing professional, or support specialist then a career at Adyen is the right career for you.