This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Ebay, Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Legal Counsel Product
We are looking for an experienced regulatory-oriented legal counsel to support Adyen’s (financial) product development. You will help shape (financial) products with our product team, taking into account the relevant regulatory requirements and legal risks. You will assist the product team in the roll-out and iterations of those products, including training colleagues from various disciplines on the relevant considerations and contractual framework.
You will work together with the product, legal, compliance, risk and commercial teams around the world. You will be part of a group of people always looking for opportunities to innovate and do things better. You’re able to find creative solutions to make products work, while maintaining compliance with the regulatory requirements and adequately covering legal risks.
What you’ll do
- Assist product teams in shaping new (financial) products;
- Anticipate and spot key risks - from a practical, legal, compliance and regulatory perspective - and ensure these are addressed in a practical way;
- Draft and continuously improve (financial) product related contracts;
- Be a sparring partner for the product, legal, commercial and compliance teams; and
- Assist commercial and product teams with the roll-out of these products, including conversations and negotiations with customers.
Who you are
- You are an experienced lawyer with 5-10 years experience working with financial products, especially loans, (unregulated) cash advances, bank accounts and other payment accounts;
- You are able to find practical solutions to make products work and keep a uniform approach across jurisdictions, navigating regulatory requirements and legal risks in the process;
- You have excellent communication skills, and enjoy forging new relationships, allowing you to easily work with everyone within Adyen;
- You are investigative, pragmatic and critical when it comes to product development, balancing a “we-can-do” with a “we-must-do-it-right” mentality;
- You can translate legal wording into its practical meaning, allowing you to turn every non-legal colleague into a sparring partner;
- You are fluent in English; and
- You have an LLM degree from an EU country or the UK.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 7 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.