Product Manager, Data Platform
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Product Manager, Data Platform
In building the most customer-focused financial technology platform, Adyen is going all-in on leveraging big data to create value. Our big data platform comprises infrastructure and tooling needed to develop and serve all data products for Adyen and our merchants. The platform is critical to scale Adyen’s core payments and financial services offering, and expands at an exponential rate.
We are looking for a Product Manager to scope, design, execute, and deliver a ‘feature platform’ to help drive and scale optimal decisioning in the payment flow. For example, this will at scale revolutionise the way we help merchants of Adyen in preventing fraud. Your role is to help build a scalable platform that feeds features to complex ML models to both offline and online production applications. From a data management layer design taking into consideration extreme cardinality and many different users, to shipping a new key-value database to ensure data freshness and fast retrieval of an online serving - this team delivers fundamental products.
What you'll do:
- You will work collaboratively together with engineers, ML teams, customers and Adyen teams building products for our merchants to solve pain points, seamlessly fit into systems, and guide the vision - all with a focus on building and iterating rapidly
- You’ll be responsible for the discovery, building, delivery, and maintenance of requirements, applications and features of our new feature platform
- You will create technical proposals that can be delivered to developers for implementation, and be the driving force behind project tracking and product delivery
- You will productise our existing processes, help guide complex governance considerations, and use your team to discover new problems, ship solutions, and grow internal product adoption
- You will be an evangelist of our feature platform, its impact, and our culture to colleagues, customers, and partners
- You will work across engineering, data science, infrastructure teams, analytics, and product teams.
Who you are:
- You have conceived of and launched successful products at scale with quantifiable value to large enterprise customers (4+ years in product management)
- You have experience in one or more of the following: big data, machine learning / artificial intelligence, data governance and privacy, or infrastructure
- You can guide a data engineering team with the right questions to answer, turn those answers into business value, and leverage data to drive product goals
- You know how to navigate technical issues and understand the opportunities and limitations of technical/data decisions
- You have excellent organisational and communication skills and know how to manage a project from conception to launch
- You can successfully operate in a global organisation working with teams across different offices and timezones
- You are a quick learner and take a ‘launch fast and iterate’ approach to tackling problems
- You love to act as a mentor and to help guiding talent
- You take pride in putting your team first, you value teams over ego;
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Spain.
The Adyen Formula
The way we work is guided by the eight principles of the Adyen Formula. Learn more here.
No one only manages a search bar or a small feature. At Adyen, you’ll see each solution through the entire lifecycle, from conception to implementation to iteration. If you’re ready to think about the entire solution, then Adyen is right for you.