POS Support Engineer
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
POS Support Engineer
Adyen is looking for a Point-of-Sale (POS) Engineer to strengthen our growth in the APAC region. Within our Singapore team, you will be the first point of contact for our merchants across the globe, working together with multiple internal Adyen teams to solve our merchants’ problems. You'll have autonomy in your role and ownership to improve and speak up, and - hopefully - have a lot of fun while doing it.
What you'll do
Your goal is to provide our merchant base with expert, accurate, and timely advice and support when they need it, in order to successfully accept payments in all their retail locations around the world. Your challenge will be remotely identifying, analysing, troubleshooting and solving both hardware and software issues on a range of different devices.
This means working directly with our merchants’ (technical) teams, or working with internal Adyen teams such as our operational support team, project managers, and account managers. This can also include proactively providing IT training on the in person payment product to these stakeholders.
Your work is both varied and impactful - you could be helping a customer to set up new stores on our platform, configuring new terminal functionalities on the back end, or reviewing logs and troubleshooting integration issues between the merchant’s software and Adyen’s payment technology. Internally, you could be working with the product teams to justify a change that makes a functionality more efficient, reproducing live issues on in-house terminals, or updating internal documentation to help your colleagues.
As such, what you do will have a direct impact on our merchant’s ability to accept payments and expand their business with us.
Who you are
- You have experience with networking and IT hardware; any POS experience and/or payments knowledge is a bonus
- You're able to troubleshoot technical problems, read logs and find solutions to complex errors
- You are familiar with APIs, or have a keen interest in internet technologies and technical processes
- You love to provide assistance to others via phone, web-based tools or email, and to be regarded as a technical expert
- You can work independently, and you have a proven record of learning or working with technology that interests you
- You're a team player, and foster knowledge and information sharing with others by updating documentation or reporting bugs
- You're driven, an enthusiastic collaborator, and ready to give and receive feedback
- You make quick, but informed decisions, even under pressure and can prioritise tasks appropriately based on urgency or necessity.
- You're capable of abstract thinking, being able to solve a puzzle that isn’t directly in front of you, separating the layers of software, hardware and internal systems
- You have the ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, adjust your communication style to audiences)
- You're fluent in English; any other language is a plus
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them - voices like yours. So no matter where you're from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Vårt sätt att arbeta styrs av de åtta principerna i Adyen-formeln.
Karriärer inom teknik
Våra ingenjörer bygger den första plattformen för finansiell teknik som kombinerar betalningar, data och finansiella tjänster. Vi söker fler begåvade problemlösare som kan hjälpa oss att ta itu med en unik uppsättning utmaningar.