This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We put our merchants at the center of everything we do, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Regulatory Compliance & AML Officer
Our fast-paced Regulatory Legal team is looking for an experienced regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering officer with experience in the payments and/or finance industry. This is a hybrid role that involves (i) regulatory & compliance duties and (ii) AML operations for APAC. The successful candidate must be able to work independently as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, legal, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth.
What you’ll do
- Serve as local compliance officer / anti-money laundering officer for Hong Kong and the primary contact vis-à-vis all Hong Kong regulator(s)
- Work on and project manage license renewals, requests, audits, inspections and any other regulator interactions in Hong Kong
- Proactively identify and advise on compliance/regulatory obligations based on financial and payments rules and regulations in Hong Kong
- Advise on proposed changes in the law, policy priorities and other regulatory developments that may impact the company’s business in Hong Kong
- Translate identified obligations into relevant Policies and Procedures
- Take ownership of all regulatory reporting requirements for Hong Kong
- Assist with AML monitoring for APAC (with a focus on compliance related risks)
- Ad-hoc analysis of and investigations into merchants’ compliance risk profile and collaborating with commercial teams for follow ups
- Be involved with reviewing AML alert escalations, conducting investigations and recommendation
- Manage and file STR lodgements for APAC markets (in addition to Hong Kong)
- Identifying and improving gaps in our monitoring and operational risk-control efforts, including setting up of new processes to monitor our merchant profile
- Participate in second line functions, including oversight programs for merchants, annual compliance reviews, compliance risk assessments and conducting training
Who you are
- You will have at least 4-6 years’ experience in a regulatory, legal and/or second line compliance function
- You will have sound working knowledge around the AML/CFT rules and regulations for Money Service Operators in Hong Kong
- You have some experience with monitoring compliance for AML/CFT obligations and mitigating ML/TF risks
- Your knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry (including regulatory & legal issues) will be well established
- You are fully proficient in English and native level Cantonese (spoken & written)
- You will have some working experience in an international organization or MNC
- You will be an analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, on relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth
- You will have solid inter-personal skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business
- Due to Covid-19 and border restrictions, you must already be residing in Hong Kong
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!