This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Head of Global PR
Adyen is looking for an experienced Head of Global PR with a bias for action. This role can be based in either New York or San Francisco. You will report to the Head of Global Communications and collaborate closely with Marketing and broader commercial leadership.
As Adyen’s Head of Global PR, you will be responsible for shaping the public’s perception of our company through driving Adyen’s global PR strategy and execution. This is a new role where you will be a driver in defining what great looks like at a global scale; we are looking for a self-starter who is not afraid to drive change and who is motivated by creating impact.
The ideal candidate is fluent in strategic PR, and knows how to navigate complex B2B technology topics with relevant journalists. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in meeting commercial and business goals through earned media.
What you’ll do:
- Assess Adyen’s current PR practices and reimagine them for scale and impact, focused on driving high-impact coverage in relevant media outlets. Coach regional and local PR managers on how to maximize their efforts.
- Work with senior leadership to define new media narratives for Adyen and activate these globally, ensuring that they support global commercial goals and align with initiatives for other audiences.
- Generate news by partnering within the business to find new angles that will help us reach strategic goals: you don’t wait for a brief on what needs to be communicated.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key journalists, editors, and media influencers.
- Assess, adapt and own Adyen’s agency approach: selecting which partners we work with, how we work with them and at what price point.
- Plan and guide the distribution of persuasive press releases, media kits, and other materials to generate interest and coverage.
- Be prepared to respond promptly and effectively to any PR crises, working to protect and enhance the company's reputation.
- Utilize data and analytics to track the success of PR efforts, adjusting strategies as needed for maximum impact.
Who you are:
- 12+ years of experience working in PR both agency side and in-house at a tech company, experience as a reporter is not required but beneficial
- You have a proven track record of building and adapting the perception of public companies, ideally in the technology space
- You have a documented history of building close relationships with tier one journalists, and creating notable coverage as a result
- Team- and change management experience are beneficial
- You have the ability to balance between the strategic & tactical and to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You have experience working for or with listed companies
Other Job Details
- This role is based out of our NYC or SF office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
- This role requires domestic and international travel
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This role is based out of our New York or San Francisco office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.