DataOps Engineer, Madrid
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Our on premise platforms are growing at a fast pace. You will operate as part of a group of data engineers, developers and data scientists, and work together on the core data infrastructure on a global scale. You will be challenged with the fast growth needs of Adyen, by the different teams across the company and to bring innovative solutions everyday. You’ll be asked to improve the current stack and support several highly skilled teams of data scientists and data engineers. In this role, you will:
- Create, maintain and iterate on the current data infrastructure
- Anticipate on growth and look for structural changes required in the big-data offering at Adyen
- Work closely with users of the data infrastructure and arrive at pragmatic solutions, in line with standards used throughout the infrastructure group
Who you are
- Background: you have a solid background with designing, scaling and maintaining data infrastructure solutions, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment.
- Technology: you must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Yarn, HDFS) with Spark, securing cluster with Rancher and Kerberos, along with automation tools such as Ansible/Puppet
- Experience: building, testing and maintaining data infrastructure for enterprise level data lake solutions in a Linux based production environment
- Knowledge: solid understanding of data lake solutions and related infrastructure components
- Mentality: you are a team player who is open to feedback and have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
If you still feel this is not the right role for you, please check our data engineer position or Analytics Engineer role. How about sharing it with a friend or colleague who might be interested?
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Spain.
Il modo in cui lavoriamo è ispirato agli otto principi della Formula Adyen.
I nostri ingegneri sono impegnati nella realizzazione della prima piattaforma di tecnologia finanziaria che integra pagamenti, dati e servizi finanziari. Ricerchiamo altri professionisti di talento che ci aiutino a risolvere una serie di sfide davvero inedite.