This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Team Lead, Project Operations
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated leader to join us guide a team of Project Operations Managers (“POM”) in Amsterdam.
Our Project Operations Managers support our large, complex customers go live with our Adyen solution in the quickest and most sustainable way possible. Our project management approach is very hands-on: the team has extensive product knowledge about our different solutions and is able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful rollouts. Today, the team in Amsterdam covers three areas of expertise: In-Person Payments (IPP), Platforms & Marketplaces and Issuing.
What you'll do
- Motivate team members and encourage creativity while understanding training needs. Provide coaching in areas including but not limited to: managing customer expectations, building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, managing and delivering projects in an effective manner.
- Set clear personal and team goals focused on operational scalability and customer satisfaction
- Report on performance and metrics at an executive level.
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture.
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
- Drive impactful initiatives (ex: onboarding, career paths) and act as a key stakeholders for other internal teams (ex: Account Management, Support, Implementation Management)
- Manage a few customer-facing projects on your own. The role itself will be hands-on.
Who you are
- Experienced in managing a team (at least 2 years with direct reports); this will include performance review, coaching, setting goals and objectives
- Experienced with (IT) projects within a large global company working in finance, retail or general technology.
- A proven track record of helping drive global process change, setting up tools and procedures so that Adyen continues to be successful from an operational perspective.
- Excellent Project Management skills and the ability to steer and manage detailed, time-sensitive initiatives in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly with a global team, adapting to international time constraints where appropriate.
- Clear understanding of the challenges of global commerce and the various components that are required of a client to be successful across different regions.
- Must be willing to work in the Amsterdam office (this is not a remote position).
- Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally where required.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.