This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Operational Scalability Team
The Operational Scalability team’s purpose is to help Adyen scale 10x without having to overload our operational teams and have them scale 10x in terms of team members.
The team operates in two domains: configurations and payment method setups. And to resolve the above challenge it engages in automation and simplification initiatives that allow internal and external users of the platform to have a frictionless and efficient experience when it comes to those types of configurations.
The team owns client self-service and automation initiatives around payment method setup- and account configurations, and works closely together with our great colleagues in Operations to continuously assess the areas with the biggest impact.
What you’ll do as the Team Lead
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, analysts, engineers, operations, and other key stakeholders within the organization
- Interact with our merchants to understand their needs, and work with them and your team to come up with solutions
- Have a multiplier effect by motivating team members and provide coaching in areas including but not limited to: engineering best practices, scalable architecture design, product roadmap discussions
- Set clear individual and team goals that align with our strategic ambitions in close collaboration with the product manager
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Recruit, retain and train the best engineering talent available
Who you are
- You are currently leading a technical team (both frontend and backend), you’re people centric and have demonstrable experience coaching and mentoring engineering talent
- You have great verbal and written communication skills, and are comfortable talking to tech & non-tech, as well as merchants and internal stakeholders from every part of the business
- You are innovative, love dealing with ambiguity, have strong problem-solving capabilities and enjoy establishing lean processes and procedures
- You have experience with Core Java, web services, REST APIs and SQL/PostgreSQL
- You are able to define, implement and monitor performance KPIs to quickly identify opportunities for improvement in existing systems
- You’re curious about what challenges our merchants are facing and empathetic to helping solve them.
- Experience with similar problem spaces or with fintech preferred
- A prior role in managing engineering teams within a Java environment
- 6+ years of experience in software development industry in a fast paced tech environment
- Full professional proficiency in English
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.