This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Strategic Growth Manager (Business Development)
We are looking for a fast-learning, hands-on Strategic Growth Manager to join Adyen’s Strategic Growth Team, a dynamic global team within our Account Management function. The goal of the team is to contribute to Adyen's long-term growth. In this role, you are part of the commercial team that is responsible for increasing the share-of-wallet of existing merchants by scoping, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals.
As Strategic Growth Manager, you are uniquely positioned within Adyen, working closely together with global teams ranging from Account Management to Product and Senior Leadership. Early in 2022, this team was launched from our HQ based in Amsterdam. After working with Account Management globally, we have seen huge growth opportunities in North America. You will be located in San Francisco, working closely to unlock this potential and grow our Share of Wallet with our North American merchants and/or on North American opportunities for non-NA merchants. For your onboarding, you will spend time in Amsterdam with the team.
If you have a strong background in payments, business development, proven strategic skills, and like working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, then we are looking for you!
What you’ll work on
- Accelerate Adyen’s growth within our existing merchants: Opportunities include expanding to additional regions, adding new channels, or Adyen’s services.
- (Re)negotiations: Working closely with Account Managers during pricing negotiations initiated either by Adyen or our merchant. This requires determining the right long-term pricing strategy for both Adyen and the merchant.
- Strategic projects: Work on impactful and global projects that contribute to the long-term Adyen commercial strategy. This requires you to use your strong analytical and strategic thinking resulting in recommendations for senior management and commercial teams.
Who you are
- 5-8 years of experience in a customer facing sales/business development role
- Experience in the payments industry is essential for this role
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and conduct commercial meetings and manage a sales process from start to finish
- Proven success in building and maintaining long-term commercial relationships
- Experience in negotiating with customers or third-party providers
- A hunger to win new business, you like to “Always Be Closing”
- You are someone who can work autonomously while also enjoying teamwork and sharpening each other's ideas
- The ability to quickly identify, prioritize, and execute on opportunities and tasks
- Not afraid of challenging the status quo
- You like solving complex problems, and go to great depths to understand the underlying dynamics. See something broken? You will fix it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
The annual base salary range for this role is $150,000-$200,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.