This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Product Manager, Banking Network
We're looking for a candidate who's passionate about financial products and technology, including innovation of new features and functionalities. You'll be joining the Banking Network team within our Platforms and Financial Services solution. This role will be based out of our recently launched Tech Hub in Chicago where you will work closely together with your engineering team as well the cross-regional Banking Network team based out of Amsterdam.
As Product Manager, Banking Network, you will be responsible to optimize and localize our US banking offering to the specific needs of the US market. This will include our ACH, Check, and instant payment capabilities, bill pay solutions and many more. After obtaining an European banking license in 2017 and a U.S. branch license in 2021, Adyen built its own bank from scratch. Our fully in-house built banking infrastructure is one of the core components to our financial products.
You will collaborate closely with our product- and development teams in Chicago and Amsterdam to build out our US banking solution. Therefore you must possess strong project management skills and be able to work as a stakeholder for a wider range of teams within the Platforms & Financial Services solution.
What you’ll do
- You will be challenged to build and optimize products such as ACH, Check clearing and FedNow.
- Based on your market knowledge you will contribute to the roll out strategy for our broader US Financial Services proposition.
- You are a subject matter expert on US Banking and use that expertise to help with the management of RfP processes, pricing negotiation, scoping and delivering products that fit the needs of our customers at scale;
- You will work closely together with engineers and with multiple teams within Adyen to prioritize product enhancements and build the best offering for our customers;
- You will interact with customers and our commercial teams on a regular basis to collect feedback and translate their needs into product requirements.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of product management experience within a fintech- or financial services environment;
- You have strong analytical skills and are able to easily dissect a problem and present the solution in a structured and compelling manner
- You are hands-on, have strong project management skills in which you take full ownership and control over your projects and have the ability to manage priorities;
- You are experienced at collaborating closely with engineers to build highly complex products at scale
- You have solid interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with both internal and external stakeholders from varying disciplines and cultures;
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
Other Job Details:
- Based out of our Chicago office
- Some domestic and international travel required
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.