This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead Product Data Analytics
Adyen is looking for a passionate and experienced leader to scale a Product Data Analytics team that’s turning data into value for our customers across our Platforms products and services, as well as our Financial Services. In this role, you and your team will be our product team’s embedded data experts. Together, you’ll build internal insights to allow for a holistic understanding of a complex network of products that empowers the team to build awesome products. You’ll actively lead a team of incredibly passionate and knowledgeable analysts.
What you’ll do
- Data Strategy - Work with regional and global leadership teams to align on data strategy and prioritization. Develop mid to long term strategy, manage planning and stakeholder engagement
- Hire, Grow, Retain - Recruit and hire diverse, talented Product Data Analysts who will help Adyen and our merchants grow. Coach and mentor members of the Data team to create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Analyse – Partner with internal and top global merchants effectively, communicate actionable insights and improve optimizations across products spanning our Platforms products and services, as well as our Financial Services.
- Build to Scale - Turning ad hoc findings to scalable solutions that benefit all merchants. Build framework and best practices to develop global alignment as we scale
Who you are
- You are currently leading a technical team and people centric
- You have great verbal and written communication skills, and are comfortable talking to tech & non-tech, as well as merchants and internal stakeholders from every part of the business
- You are innovative, love dealing with ambiguity, have strong problem-solving capabilities and enjoy establishing lean processes and procedures
- You understand the importance of data accuracy, automation and scaling, and can translate business needs into robust data models and solutions. Excellent analytical and modeling skills, with proficiency in tools such as R, Python, and database SQL. Experience with data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- You’re curious about what our biggest merchants are facing and empathetic to solving problems that help all merchants.
- FinTech experience preferred
Other Job Details
- Based in Amsterdam Office
- Some domestic and international travel required
- You resonate with our Adyen Formula - learn more here!
Related data positions
There are other data leadership positions available at Adyen, such as the Team Lead Machine Learning role in Amsterdam, or the Team Lead Machine Learning role in Madrid.
Also take a look at our blog post around DATA ROLES and DATA CULTURE.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.