This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated people that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face challenging technical issues at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
Adyen is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to develop and manage our payment products in India. In this role, you will enable Adyen’s merchants to expand their global payments capabilities into India, thereby creating a truly global unified commerce experience for our merchants and their shoppers.
The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable wearing multiple hats to lead the entire lifecycle of a product - conception, implementation and launch. You will work with other product managers, business analysts, developers and external partners to technically scope, integrate and maintain new products on the Adyen platform. You will regularly collaborate with commercial stakeholders (such as Account Management, Sales and Marketing) to understand merchant needs and increase adoption of the products built.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for designing, building and rolling-out payment products in India
- Review and influence the offering, features, functionalities, limitations and technical capabilities of our payment method partners, card networks and acquirers
- Work closely with developers and implementation managers to scope and break down our partners’ technical integrations into smaller sections; run scrums and sprints to ensure timely and accurate execution of projects
- Manage and iterate on product features based on data-driven analysis - identify gaps and find solutions by creating and adding new features to our existing partners
- Spread knowledge within internal commercial and technical teams about the products and assist external facing teams with merchant conversations
- Participate in identifying new payment partners and opportunities in the market that would serve our merchants
- Work with our top merchants and internal stakeholders to identify merchants’ needs and pain-points
Who you are
- Experience in:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Technical Product Management
- Working directly with at least one of the following: payment method providers, acquirers or card networks. Experience working on UPI and/or Rupay is a plus
- Web APIs, software development and testing
- Managing technical projects through their entire lifecycle (from scoping to testing to go-live)
- A strong understanding of the importance of data and user experience, providing actionable insights, and tracking the success of those initiatives
- Able to communicate complex integration problems in a simple way with different stakeholders. You have a proven track record of seeing complex projects through from beginning to end and owning the entire process
- Good knowledge of India payments and the surrounding ecosystem, such as e-commerce, e-services, fulfillment, or offline transaction systems
- A hands-on team player who thrives in a collaborative environment (especially with cross-functional and regional teams)
- Passionate about new technologies and have a basic grasp of the following topics:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL/NoSQL
- API Design: REST, RPC, AsyncAPI, security (OAuth2…), idempotency
- Cloud or distributed computing: AWS/Azure/GCP, streaming, replication
- Unix systems
- Encryption standards
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them - voices like yours. So no matter where you're from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.