This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Outbound Sales Development Representative
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the Sales team in North America. As an Outbound SDR, you will learn what it takes to become a Sales Superstar. You will gain great insight into what it takes to work at one of the most successful fintech companies of recent years, as well as experience what it’s like to work at a truly global company. This is a great opportunity to start at Adyen in a client facing role, help generate opportunities for our Sales team, and move to a closing role on the Corporate Sales team in 12-18 months, based on your progress and ambition.
You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career by working with multiple business units in a globally recognized fintech organization. You’ll be working with sales managers, marketing, and partnerships to create new business opportunities and deliver key insights on the payments sector to the business. This role is extremely diverse requiring strong interpersonal skills, a self-starter mentality, an inquisitive and analytical mindset, project management skills and a great sense of humor.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of the North American Sales Development team where you will leverage Outbound campaigns to drive top of the funnel opportunities for the business
- Work as a strategic and operational partner for the sales, marketing, and partnership teams at Adyen
- Research verticals, companies, and prospects from the addressable market to identify potential opportunities and key decision-makers
- Generate prospect interest through creative outreach techniques, as well as written communication in collaboration with Marketing (emails/Inmails/social media)
- Set sales-ready meetings for qualified opportunities
- Think creatively on the best way to manage your sales desk and provide elite service to our merchants, your colleagues and the Adyen global team
- Act as a brand ambassador for Adyen at internal and external company events
- Act as a subject matter expert by contributing to online and offline discussions regularly
- Commit to continuous learning on the payments sector and Adyen product offerings;
- Work with multiple sales enablement tools to streamline your work and process and drive a bigger personal pipeline
Who you are
- You are a strategic, resourceful, and highly motivated self starter with a great sense of humor
- 1+ years of outbounding experience, preferably in a B2B sales role where you have successfully sold complex products/services, or agency recruitment experience
- You are eager to be a Sales Superstar and always strive to be the best, but never at the expense of others
- You are committed to learning every day and take personal pride in the work that you deliver
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written, on the phone and in person) and are comfortable speaking to anyone
- Born hunter and networker with a creative approach to outreach and a desire to engage
- Experience with Salesforce, Salesloft and/or LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a plus
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English
- Multi-tasking comes easily to you and you do not need to learn how to manage your time effectively
The annual base salary range for this role is $85,000-$100,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.