This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Head of Sales, Unified Commerce
W’re looking for an experienced and motivated leader to join our Sales Leadership team. In this role you will manage managers and scale our Unified Commerce pillar in North America. The Unified Commerce Pillar’s five-year ambition is to accelerate the digital transformation of global and domestic omnichannel businesses through effortless payments and actionable data so that they can deliver superior customer experiences. Adyen’s unobvious approach motivates our Account Executives to have limitless opportunities and help close some of the largest brands in North America and Internationally, including McDonalds, CitizenM, and Hakkasan.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a senior, experienced team of Sales Managers and their teams of Enterprise Account Executives
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for growing the team, and scale day-to-day operations
- Adopt and influence the company's sales methodology/process and drive best practices on selling and forecasting
- Develop best practices that enable the organization to more rapidly scale to deliver on revenue targets and support KPIs for growth
- Engage with the largest strategic opportunities, leading executive relationships and helping the team win new customers
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization to shape Adyen’s product roadmap to meet customer needs
- Partner cross-functionally across different teams (e.g. Marketing, Product, Partnerships, Account Management, SDR), regionally and globally
Who you are:
- A senior leader (15+ years experience leading) comfortable managing managers, scaling the sales organization further in the coming years and end-to-end owning the commercial success of your department
- Payments industry or affiliated partner experience
- Extensive experience working in an Enterprise B2B context where sales cycles are long (6-18 months) and the sales approach is high-touch and consultative.
- Experience with transactional volume based (as opposed to SaaS/seat-based) commercial models.
- Experience in maintaining the most senior executive relationships at very large Enterprise prospects and helping close those deals.
- Data-driven in making decisions, setting goals, and driving success in the organization, while also embracing ‘hands on’ sales and qualitative metrics of success.
- Act as an ambassador for the Adyen Formula
Other Job Details
- This role can be based out of our San Francisco or New York City office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
- The base salary range for this role is $350,000-400,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.