This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead Machine Learning
Adyen is looking for a Team Lead Machine Learning to join our team in Amsterdam, capable of leading a team sitting at the cornerstone of algorithms, mathematics and engineering, a team that is tasked with solving problems by designing and implementing production-ready data science algorithms and machine learning models.
We have several teams working with Machine Learning. The main responsibility of each team is to research, design, implement, train, deploy and monitor products based on machine learning, either for batch prediction or real-time, in the areas of:
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) systems.
- Real-time anomaly detection based on time-series modeling.
- On-line learning algorithms to pick the best optimization decision in a changing environment.
- Clustering algorithms to group customers/shoppers.
- Supervised and semi-supervised learning methods for inference on risk patterns.
- Graph analysis and representation learning for behavior prediction and monitoring.
- NLP for operations automation
As Team Lead Machine Learning you will be responsible for the following:
- Capable of crafting a technical strategy and roadmap for the delivery of machine learning based products, as well as its operationalization in live flows.
- Inspire, lead and energize a mixed group of high-performing engineers, including backend, frontend, machine learning, data science and analysts.
- Lead by example on technical matters and take appropriate decisions at technical level. As such we expect a thorough experience in the areas of Machine Learning, Data Science and Data/ML/Software Engineering.
- Work very closely with a Product Manager in order to ship in time and operationalize successful products.
- Mentor, coach and grow team members, also into leadership positions if the opportunity arises.
Who you are
- You have experience leading technical teams in a high-performance tech environment.
- You see your role as an enabler for others and thus you understand that your job is to make the team deliver.
- You have experience developing, training, validating, benchmarking and monitoring machine learning algorithms in production flows.
- You have experience leveraging a big data framework to create the pipelines needed to feed the models with appropriate data.
- You have a good understanding of Software Engineering practices as well as Data Engineering and MLOps principles.
- You are able to communicate complex outcomes with clarity over a wide range of audiences.
- Product oriented mindset. Experience working with product managers in delivering successful products.
- Technologies: Extensive knowledge of data science and statistics techniques, toolsets and algorithms, such as e.g. Spark, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, XGBoost, Pandas, MLFlow or similar MLOps frameworks, Airflow.
- Mentality: An experimental mindset with a launch fast and iterate mentality. A strong statistics/mathematics background is a plus
Related data positions
There are other data leadership positions available at Adyen, such as the Team Lead Product Data Analytics role in Amsterdam, or the Team Lead Machine Learning role in Madrid.
Also take a look at our blog post around DATA ROLES and DATA CULTURE.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.