This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Adyen is looking for a Risk Specialist for our San Francisco office. This is a customer-facing role and the main focus will be protecting and educating our merchants, as well as internal stakeholders regarding fraud and chargebacks. This role will act as Adyen’s subject matter expert on chargebacks and fraud mitigation.
What you’ll do
- Monitor fraud and chargeback levels for the North America portfolio and provide proactive notifications to wider Risk Team, merchants, and partners.
- Communicate guidance related to risk and chargebacks to merchants and internal teams.
- Understand card scheme rules/regulations and internal procedures that affect risk, fraud and dispute processing.
- Support merchants leveraging our RevenueProtect solution to optimize authorization rates while maintaining low fraud levels.
- Generate reports and insights regarding chargebacks and fraud.
- Analyze payment data to discover anomalies and trends for fraud and chargeback prevention.
- Work with the product and development teams in order to generate platform enhancements that can assist in fraud prevention and mitigation.
- Partner with commercial teams in order to demonstrate our risk solution to clients.
Who you are
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in payments risk or chargeback role.
- You have a solid knowledge of fraud, chargeback and scheme rules.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- You have a high level of self-motivation, always looking for ways to improve and make our processes more efficient.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience.
- Bonus points if you have experience creating impactful dashboards using BI tools and SQL or Python.
The annual base salary range for this role is $110,000-$135,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.