Senior Java Engineer
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers’ globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, Dafiti, 99taxis, Rappi and Spotify.
As a Senior Java Developer
What you’ll do
- Work in a platform which process tens of millions payments per day
- Be involved in solutions to provide payments solution to the world's leading companies such as: Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Dafiti, 99Taxis, Rappi and many more
- Integrate to mostly used payment methods in the world, ex.: Visa and Mastercard, but not limiting to those
- Visit (when it's safe) our 24 offices we have spread around the world
- Design, implement, test and monitor new features
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback
- Communicating with stakeholders and merchants and monitoring the impact of new features
Who you are
- 5 year of experience in skilled with Java
- Familiar with complex and high performance platform
- Able to coach and train other developers
- Someone with these skills: eye for detail, taking ownership, flexible and a team player
- Able to communicate in English (we have some programs to sharpen your English skills if needed)
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a hybrid work model and full-time position in São Paulo or São José dos Campos office. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of these areas.
The way we work is guided by the eight principles of the Adyen Formula.
Our engineers are building the first financial technology platform that combines payments, data, and financial services. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges.