This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Senior HR Business Partner, Commercial
Adyen is looking for a HR Business Partner to contribute to the growth and scale of our commercial teams within EMEA and across the globe. This role will be supporting our commercial teams in EMEA. These teams may include Sales and local markets throughout EMEA such as Belgium. In this role, you will be working with global and regional leaders, team leads and employees in all people programs such as (but not limited to) talent development, employee engagement and performance management. You will work closely with leaders to complement them, challenge and coach them on best practices. You will help them develop and support the execution of people strategies to ensure we are creating the best experience for our people.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely together with the multiple Commercial teams across EMEA to drive the HR strategy;
- Be a coach and trusted HR advisor to global functional leaders across all aspects of their team including leadership development, succession planning, location strategy, org design, etc.;
- Support managers and team leads in employee relations matters when needed;
- Champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and other global initiatives across your organizations;
- Take the lead in driving global HR processes for the Marketing department such as workforce planning and the bi-annual performance review;
- Collaborate with the global HR team (Rewards, L&D, HR Innovations and Recruitment) to meet business objectives and develop, enhance and launch initiatives aligned with the evolving needs of our business at a global scale;
- Take a data-driven approach to all HR processes while identifying opportunities for improvement.
Who you are:
- You’ve got at least 8 years’ experience (or the same level of expertise) working with global/regional teams, managers and leaders at all levels in a business partner role at a high-pace company;
- You having supported Commercial teams before is a big plus;
- You have a strong sense of self and build trust quickly to become a trusted business advisor at all levels of the organization;
- You are able to question the status quo with managers and work with them to define new solutions to old problems;
- You are well versed in organizational dynamics, know what healthy, motivated, growing teams look like, and can give guidance on what to do to make this even better;
- You’re hands-on, but know how to collaborate and prioritize (constantly looking for how things can be done more simply or automated);
- You’re excited to try new approaches, do things differently, and aren’t afraid to “build as you go”;
- You’re a change agent who thrives in a fast paced environment and can effectively engage those around you to get them excited about the future.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.