This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we are the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you are from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Adyen is looking for an experienced Sanctions Expert to strengthen the AML/CFT Compliance Team that understands the importance of Sanctions compliance and can help us grow our business in a sustainable way. The successful candidate will be acting as a Second Line Sanctions Specialist who is able to work as a business partner with a wide range of stakeholders, in particular with the First Line AML Function, regulatory experts as well as developers responsible for the ongoing technical improvement of the Sanctions Framework. The candidate will advise business partners across the company on the (potential) Sanctions risks with regards to new and existing customers.
What You’ll Do
- Build on continuously improving the Sanctions Framework of Adyen, keeping abreast of significant developments and/or updates in relevant laws, regulations and significant (internal) developments.
- Analyse Sanctions hits to determine whether there are any reasonable grounds for suspicion of Sanctions breach(es).
- Develop and provide Sanctions training to various parts of the organization.
- Act as the first point of escalation when it comes to the Sanctions Framework of Adyen, and especially any potential Sanctions hits.
- Report to, as well as collaborate and liaise with, Competent Authorities and law enforcement agencies regarding Sanctions true hits and/or follow-up on Sanctions audits, providing requested documentation in an effective and efficient manner.
Who You Are
- You are an experienced (4 years +) AML officer / Sanction specialist with a solid understanding of Sanctions laws and regulations
- You have extensive knowledge of payments and or banking/finance industry
- You can use technology and data to automate and scale key processes
- You have the ability to clearly explain Sanction risk and related risks, develop sound mitigation strategies and find workable solutions
- You have the ability to structure and prioritize in a high volume, fast-paced environment and drive a process to completion
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.