This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's top companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique challenges and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
Regulatory Legal Counsel
Our fast-paced Regulatory Legal team is looking for a legal counsel with experience in the payments, retail banking, card network and/or finance industry. The successful candidate must be able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, legal, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth.
What you'll do:
- Monitor regulatory developments in India and advise on its impact to Adyen
- Manage various regulatory requests and filings
- Operationalise compliance requirements in India for Adyen and monitor compliance on an ongoing basis
- Provide advice and support to internal stakeholders on general legal and regulatory risks
- Draft and negotiate various Adyen agreements with partners and merchants
- Represent compliance and regulatory on a variety of work streams and products to establish regulatory strategies that align with global objectives and ensure controlled and compliant growth
- Consider opportunities and risks from a variety of angles to achieve compliant solutions that align with commercial and strategic objectives
- Analyze regulatory policies, guidelines and reports, bills and acts, licensing and authorisation requirements pertaining to payments and financial services industry in India
- Support internal and external partner teams in all regulatory and legal matters
- Assist in corporate secretarial matters and liaison with external advisors and auditors to meet compliance requirements.
Who you are:
- You are legally qualified in India
- You are fully proficient in English
- You have at least 3-5 years of post qualified experience in a regulatory role or within a global institution
- You have some working knowledge of the payment industry, retail banking, acquiring and finance
- You have some experience in corporate secretarial compliances
- You will be an analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, on relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth
- You will have solid interpersonal skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business
- Due to the current Covid-19 situation with closed borders and border restrictions, you must already reside in Mumbai
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them - voices like yours. So no matter where you're from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.