This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We put our merchants at the center of everything we do, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Technical Support Engineer, NextGen
Working as a Technical Support Engineer, NextGen at Adyen provides you with the opportunity to work with a diverse group of individuals, support some of the brightest merchant brands and accelerate your growth in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. In a scale-up environment that operates globally, the opportunities are almost limitless. You are strongly encouraged to be yourself, focus on your strengths, have fun and lead your own career path.
What you’ll do
- Provide our customers all the help and instruments that they need in order for them to successfully take payments anywhere throughout the world.
- Be a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying web-stack technologies, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices.
- Support merchant technical personnel, leveraging knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot technical problems and create the best possible merchant experience.
- Advising merchants regarding the best implementation practices, and also address specific merchants’ issues.
- Serving as a feedback loop for the organization, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel.
- Cross functional collaboration - you will work with different teams within our organisation to meet the needs of our business as well as that of our merchants. Additionally, you will engage with prospective merchants who are interested in our service(s).
Who you are
- You are a local or PR who has just graduated or has less than 6 months of work experience.
- You love to provide technical assistance to merchants and troubleshooting via phone, web-based tools and email.
- You have affinity for or a strong interest in technical processes.
- You make quick informed decisions under pressure and prioritize appropriately based on urgency, necessity and both internal and external requests.
- You are creative and innovative, have strong problem-solving capabilities and are able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with many varied technical requests.
- You are able to or have a keen interest in writing scripts. For example: SQL, PHP, python or Java code.
- You are a self-reliant team player, who takes personal responsibility for tasks and you enjoy working independently.
- You have the ability to interfacing seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, and adjust your communication style to audiences).
- Additionally, we are interested in your educational background or work portfolio, internships, and international experience. A degree in a technical field may be an asset. However, we believe diverse skills, viewpoints, and backgrounds make us stronger.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!