This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Head of North America, Payment Partnerships
Adyen is seeking the Lead for North America Payment Partnerships. This role is pivotal to Adyen’s global strategy and will require dynamic leadership in a rapidly evolving payments landscape. As the Lead, you will be tasked with driving strategic relationships across both the major card brands (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover) as well as Local Payment Methods including BNPLs, Wallets, and other non-card payment types.
You will lead a team of payment partnership managers who serve as a blend of payment strategists, GTM experts, and technical partner managers for the payment methods which they manage. While your focus will be on the US and Canada, we work as a global team so you must consider and balance the unique needs of Europe, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia Pacific regions as well – because our partners also operate globally.
The Lead will report to the Global Head of Payment Partnerships and will be responsible for mentoring and guiding a team in driving the development of new initiatives, managing key partnerships, and setting strategic goals.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive partnership strategy for our partners based in the US/CA.
- Collaborate with regional heads and your team members to prioritize key areas, structure new initiatives, and manage ongoing partnerships.
- Drive Adyen’s influence and positioning through joint product development, co-marketing, and other opportunities.
- Develop and execute programs that align with Adyen’s strategic goals and positioning in key markets and segments.
- Communicate global payment trends, rules, and regulations with internal stakeholders.
- Guide your team in the development of new products in partnership with the product managers.
- Oversee escalations and ensure resolutions with the right teams at the payment networks.
- Work with global peers to review Scheme updates, share perspectives, and seek clarity.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of related experience in Card, Wallet, or Bank Payments.
- International experience preferred but not necessary
- Experience in building and managing relationships with external senior business leaders and across partner organizations.
- Proficient in understanding the payments landscape, with the skills to comprehend and interpret emerging trends.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and an experienced presenter.
- Adept at managing a team and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Comfortable and self-sufficient operating within a complex global environment.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Experience in leading teams and managing partnerships.
- This role is based in our San Francisco office
- Full-time position with a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Some international travel may be required.
The base salary range for this role is $175,000-230,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role can based in our Chicago, New York or San Fransisco office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.