This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Senior Financial Risk Analyst - Travel
As Senior Financial Risk Analyst located in Amsterdam, you will be part of a team of high performing professionals that evaluates and manages credit risk coming from a portfolio of enterprise merchants and new products. You will join the team as one of the main credit risk specialists focusing on our global portfolio of travel merchants, that includes airlines.
You will be working closely with the Commercial, Product and Legal teams while collaborating with some of the biggest companies, all with one overarching goal: limiting Adyen’s exposure to credit losses. Your team is highly motivated, extremely innovative, and thrives on shared success. As we operate globally, your team is part of an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. You will play a key role as credit risk specialist for our travel merchant portfolio, as well as scaling Adyen to the next level.
What you’ll do
- You will be one of our main credit risk travel specialists globally, that focuses on managing the credit risk of our portfolio of travel merchants including airlines and OTAs;
- You will analyze the financial situation and risk position of our travel merchants, and provide clear and concise credit risk advice on these analyses to our credit risk committee;
- You will drive continuous improvement in our credit risk policies, tools and processes, to further improve the quality and scalability of our credit risk framework;
- You will lead projects from beginning to end, and help us to find optimal solutions for our merchants and our risk management;
- You will share your credit risk knowledge to product and legal teams to ensure credit risk is properly considered in new commercial product development;
- You will explain Adyen’s view on credit risk to merchants, commercial teams, and the regulator.
Who you are
- You have a strong track record in credit risk (5+ years), with an in-depth knowledge of the travel industry (including airlines), and are able to design effective credit risk policies while staying within risk appetite.
- You are innovative, with strong problem-solving capabilities and able to define efficient and effective processes and procedures.
- You are able to handle escalations of our travel merchants, and come with proposed courses of action;
- You enjoy to cooperate closely with our merchants, teammates and other colleagues across cultures and time-zones;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Payments or Fintech experience is not required, but you must be able to communicate your enthusiasm for the space.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.