This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
VP Marketing, Latam
Adyen is looking for an experienced, strategic leader with a proven track record in B2B marketing. The VP Marketing, Latam is responsible for creating Adyen’s marketing strategy in order to drive marketing goals in alignment with the commercial strategy, with a heavy focus on new customer acquisition. In this role, you build out the regional marketing organization in alignment with commercial priorities and our global marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate has a strong commercial mindset, is motivated to form an intimate understanding of Adyen’s business model and commercial organization and excellent communication skills. We are looking for an experienced leader who thrives in an international environment, and who is passionate about coaching marketers to create successful programs throughout the funnel.
What you’ll do:
- Translate regional commercial priorities and the global marketing strategy into a regional approach, with a strong focus on net new customer acquisition across owned, earned and paid channels
- Build, coach and lead the marketing team(s) in Latam on individual as well as organizational team goals in line with business objectives.
- Lead the regional marketing team towards an increasingly data-driven way of working. Plan, optimize and evaluate spend in alignment with the global and regional marketing priorities to drive a strong return on investment.
- Work globally as a part of marketing leadership to surface and resolve global challenges, implement solutions and uphold a shared standard of excellence and collaboration
- Manage goal setting, planning, spend allocation and team planning in Latam together with global marketing and regional commercial leadership. Work with the regional and local teams to translate the strategy into powerful execution.
- Work closely with the global marketing leadership to ensure the successful implementation of global and regional initiatives
- 10+ years’ experience in a multi-dimensional marketing role, with experience across the full marketing mix (owned, earned and paid).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, which allow you to quickly build rapport with teams across different markets
- You like to understand the ROI of marketing activities and foster an iterative way of working and learning to drive strong results.
- A strategic and commercial mindset, with a proven track record of liaising with commercial functions to deliver impactful marketing programs
- A respected and trusted leader with experience in coaching and developing teams to perform at their best capacity
- Fluent spoken and written English and Portuguese is a requirement
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 20%+
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our São Paulo office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.