This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Supply Chain Specialist, Warehousing
The Adyen In Person Payments solution is driven by a combination of our physical payment devices in store and our core processing platform. The Warehousing & Logistics team EMEA/APAC has team members in Amsterdam, Sydney, and Singapore and is responsible for managing our third-party warehouse and logistics operations. This includes the warehouse's receiving, handling, storing, production, picking, and packing activities, ensuring quality & PCI compliance standards are met at every step. The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for the APAC region's daily operations and capacity management, focused on our warehouse partners in Australia and Singapore.
What you’ll do
- Daily Operations: Ensure our 3PLs are able to manage the inbound, processing, and outbound of products. Support and troubleshoot where needed.
- Supplier Management: You are the main point of contact for our 3PL partners and ensure they are working according to Adyen defined SOPs and QA guidelines.
- Capacity Management: You are responsible for creating a production plan that meets the needs of our customers. You work together closely with our demand and supply planning team and are responsible for executing fulfillment. You're responsible for maintaining healthy stock balances.
- Continuous Improvement: You monitor and maintain operational processes and closely collaborate with your colleagues to improve processes.
- Reporting & Analysis: Help build the appropriate performance reports to support decision-making (e.g. KPI reporting)
- Support: You support our customers where needed by helping solve challenges on their orders.
Who you are
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in Operations, Warehouse and/or Supply Chain management.
- Hands-on: You are motivated to engage in existing processes and manage (external) stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Pragmatic: You will have strong problem-solving capabilities to take concrete action plans and execute them while dealing with daily operational tasks.
- Communicative: You align and collaborate with colleagues from different departments and external relations, such as suppliers and (warehouse) partners.
- Analytical: You fundamentally understand modeling concepts (excel) for production planning and capacity management.
- Global-mindset: With your manager in Amsterdam and your peers in Sydney, Singapore, and Amsterdam, you're flexible and know how to align across a remote team.
- Tech savvy: Enthusiastic about modern technology and its adoption in daily operations to bring Supply Chain Management to the next level.
- Willing to travel: Our warehouse locations are in Melbourne and Singapore, requiring up to 20% of (international) travel.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based in our Sydney office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.