This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Head of Commercial Partnerships
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated executive to lead our partnerships team in APAC. You will lead a small but critically strategic team focused on SE Asia, Japan, Australia & India, and partner with key product, sales, and other leaders to drive growth. You will be responsible for growing strategic relationships with both tech partners and service partners that help Adyen take our proposition to market, to support Adyen’s growth.
You are comfortable working as part of a team, encouraging effective collaboration, and engaging with executives at all levels both internally and within our partner community.
What you’ll do
- Define an APAC strategy for commercial Partnerships that support Adyen’s objectives and align with our global Partnerships team while leading a small team of two team members (Japan & Australia);
- Be an active leader in the Global Partnerships Leadership team helping up-level the entire organization with the necessary skills, strategic insight, and focus on impact;
- Prioritize APAC strategy and individually help deliver on the highest impact opportunities to deliver on commercial goals;
- Be commercially aware and able to make business decisions that support the wider commercial team;
- Serve as a senior executive stakeholder, providing strategic and consultative advice to influence the payments strategy of our partners;
- Recruit the right partners to open up new business opportunities and sectors;
- Drive a consistent flow of new business opportunities (referrals) across our target markets;
- Work closely with Marketing, Product and Sales teams to ensure effective collaboration;
- Motivate and coach team members, and encourage creativity and autonomy;
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication / feedback culture.
Who you are
- 15+ years of experience in a related role, preferably in Big/Fin Tech, including managing teams in APAC, building executive level enterprise relationships, and proven growth through partnerships;
- An energetic self-starter with proven commercial edge, a track record of delivering results and the ability to build long term relationships;
- Comfortable and excited by being responsible for commercial goals and creating a measurable impact for the business;
- Can balance strategic thinking with world-class execution (brilliant basics);
- An excellent communicator and team player with strong leadership skills and technical understanding.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Singapore office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.