This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Product Manager - Local Payment Methods
Adyen is looking for a passionate Product Manager to massively scale our Payments proposition that includes alternative payments such as wallets and banking payment methods across our fast growing suite of payments products in North America. This role will be given considerable freedom to advocate for building the best emerging payment technology and improving upon existing, working with a team of product managers to prioritize and scale our offering. In addition to various local payment methods you will expand our US & Canada banking payment offering by working locally with North America development and collaborating globally with stakeholders responsible for our Checkout and In-person payments solutions to make it an industry leading solution.
In this role you will:
- Use your product sense to identify and take on a broad problem set where you’ll take on end to end responsibility for; solutioning and taking an approach that focuses on value, impact, and execution.
- Listen to our merchants, engineers, and partners to find problems that Adyen is uniquely positioned to solve
- Oversee a portfolio of Payment Methods and intersect with multiple technical and commercial teams
- Be responsible for executing against Adyen’s local and global strategic goals while contributing to the strategy
- Work with engineers to build and improve upon the best global payments solution
- Build out data insights in partnership with the Data team to help track the impact of the products you bring to market
- Influence how our products are scaled and distributed via our product partnerships team and direct merchants
- Work with payment partnerships to foster commercial and strategic activities
Who you are:
- Product Management - You have 5-7 years in Product Management for software companies within the Payments or Financial Technology space
- Experience - you ideally have 3+ years of experience in the Payments domain
- Innovation - You can navigate emerging technology and open source standards and public policy
- Market Informed - You are familiar with Local, Alternative, and Banking Payment Methods, and have a point of view on how they are evolving
- Mindset - You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are able to form a vision and work with the engineering teams to implement that
- Commercial mindset - You have experience in hyper competitive markets and understand how to compete within that space, you also understand pricing models and have experience with developing simplified, pricing models
- Integrity - You have earned the trust of your technical and non-technical customers and colleagues, from the board level to support level
- Proven record - You have have launched and scaled products in the software space with quantifiable value
- Data-informed - You can guide analysts with the right questions to answer, and turn those answers into business value
- Business acumen - You have identified novel and significant revenue opportunities, and have convinced senior executives to invest in your product strategy
- Adaptability and creativity - Plans and conditions always change, but you still positively navigate the right course
Other Job Details:
- Based out of our Chicago office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
- Domestic and international travel required
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.