This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead, Account Management
Our AM team in Milan provides the best experience to our portfolio of enterprise, fast-growth merchants. We achieve this using a dedicated Account Management approach focusing on efficiency and proactivity, regularly reaching out to our merchants to identify additional service opportunities, such as international payment methods, fraud management services, or point-of-sale opportunities. With a strategic mindset and hands-on approach, this team drives growth and retention in our french portfolio as we scale.
Here are some examples of your team's responsibilities:
- Build strong relationships with your merchants
- Accelerate product adoption
- Consult and train key stakeholders
- Demonstrate value, drive (commercial) growth, show impact to merchants
- Work closely with the other teams to determine new features for merchants based on their needs
- Manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives and projects in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment
What you'll do
As the Team Lead of AM, your role and some of your responsibilities will include:
- Team management: you are lucky to start with a great team and they deserve a leader; committed to help them grow and give their best. You will coach, support, manage workload and keep the work fair and fun;
- Lead the day to day: when needed, get involved in operational tasks, help building C-level relationships, and support the team in merchant escalation calls or critical negotiations;
- Hire, develop and retain diverse talents: the team needs to keep growing to support our commercial and strategic ambitions;
- Co-define and monitor Commercial OKRs achievement every year on a team and individual level;
- Align and collaborate with local Marketing, Sales, Partnership & Account Management to provide outstanding Customer Experience to merchants;
- Drive initiatives and projects together with other AM Leads to strengthen our efforts towards automation, smarter usage of commercial tools and "Account Management at scale” to achieve higher productivity and increased customer satisfaction;
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience in a customer-facing B2B role, preferably Account Management/Customer Success/Sales; and 3+ years of experience managing people and enjoy helping develop others
- A strong plus if you had experience handling large and/or luxury retailers relationships and understand their omnichannel and financial challenges
- You have experience in leading hiring processes and can identify talents
- You have a genuine interest and understanding of our products & industry
- You like thinking big picture and scale and you want to be part of further shaping our AM Service level proposition
- You know what DEI means and you have ideas on how to take it into account in your decision making process continuously
- You have good leadership and interpersonal skills: you listen, you have empathy, you can communicate effectively and convince when necessary
- Fluent Italian and English on a professional level.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Milan office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.