Job Description - Global Head of Scheme Operations
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Global Head of Scheme Operations
Adyen is looking for an experienced Global Head of Scheme Operations in our Merchant Operations department. The Scheme Operations team is responsible for ensuring that all the businesses on the Adyen platform conform to card network regulations on a global basis.
This is a new role and one of the main responsibilities will be to set the short and long term global strategy for the Scheme Operations team to support Adyen’s long term growth ambitions. This role reports to the Global Head of Merchant Operations.
In this role you will:
- Oversee a global team of Scheme Operations professionals across 4 regions
- Be responsible for setting and executing on the overall strategy for the team
- Be an executive partner to your card network counterparts globally. Building long lasting relationships with the card network’s operational leadership staff is a crucial part of this role
- Contribute to the execution of the strategic plans of the Operations group and Adyen as a whole, using both a data driven and human centric approach
- Work with and influence strategic stakeholders in the company to improve merchant experience and operational efficiency
- Take the lead liaising with Adyen’s Compliance team on relevant card network rule updates and provide ongoing guidance to our merchants and internal teams, including Customer Due Diligence, Sales and Account Management
- Be an executive point of escalation for our merchants and for your team
Who you are
- Experience: You have at least 8 years of experience within Scheme Operations, Risk Management, Compliance or Payments Operations. Prior experience working at a card network or in a similar position at a fast growing financial technology platform will be highly valued. Experience with card issuing network operations will be highly valued.
- Leadership: You have at least 4 years experience in building and leading teams across regions, preferably in the Scheme Operations or Scheme Compliance domain
- Industry expertise - you have in-depth knowledge of the payments and financial services industry
- Communication; you are a strong communicator with critical thinking skills
- Product aptitude: You understand technical and product concepts and have the ability to drive improvements with product and engineering teams
- Innovation: You have a natural curiosity for technology and business practices in your field
- Mindset: You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are able to form a vision and work with the teams to implement it
- Adaptability and creativity: plans and conditions always change, but you still positively navigate the right course
- Data-informed: you have a track record of using data to improve and lead your teams and create a culture of accountability
- Travel: you are able to travel to support global teams
Location: Amsterdam is preferred, but this person can also be based in Madrid or Chicago