VP, Digital Content & Subscriptions Commercial Strategy
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for the world's leading companies and platforms like Meta, Uber, eBay, Microsoft and Spotify - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
VP, Digital Content & Subscriptions Commercial Strategy
As Adyen continues to expand and deepen our product suite, we are looking for a strategic senior leader to drive our global commercial strategy for our Digital Content & Subscription customers. The VP of Digital Content & Subscriptions Commercial Strategy will establish the global strategy for net new business acquisition, growth of existing customers within that focus area, as well as oversee the enablement of new feature adoption across our customer base. You will own bringing our key commercial offerings to market and aligning our Commercial, Marketing, Operational, and Product teams with those offerings. You will be responsible for the commercial success of all customers within the Digital Content & Subscriptions vertical. Your work will be instrumental in continuing to drive Adyen’s growth and you’ll play a major role in shaping the future of Adyen.
What you’ll do
- Own the growth, adoption, and usage of Adyen’s services around the world.
- Develop and maintain segmentation of our customer portfolio and identify opportunities to expand into new markets and/or products.
- Collect feedback on existing products and solutions from our global customer base (and our Sales/Account Management teams) and align with our Product teams on how to best prioritize the development of new solutions.
- Lead strategic pricing for a key part of our offering and guide commercial teams.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to build out product-specific and vertical-specific value propositions and identify Adyen’s competitive differentiation in key areas.
- Shape our go-to-market strategy and positioning for our critical product areas and communicate this in an actionable way to our global Sales & Account Management organization.
- Partner closely with Product and Marketing teams to productize and launch new products that meet our vision.
- Ensure our global commercial teams have access to the relevant commercial resources to be successful.
- Represent Adyen externally as a thought leader in your field in various forums, such as customer engagements and industry events.
Who you are
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a commercial strategy role in the technology sector, ideally financial technology, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Past work experience in the Digital Content & Subscriptions vertical required.
- Experience working in a global, multi-cultured, fast-paced, commercial environment.
- Ability to develop credibility with senior executives and build relationships with highly strategic customers and partners.
- Clear understanding of the payments and financial sector, as well as financial technologies.
- A good understanding of what it takes to develop strategy as well as the ability to execute.
- Support commercial teams “on the ground” to drive product enablement and impact.
- Can prioritize and communicate efficiently.
- Enjoy motivating teams globally and bringing energy that inspires.
- Thrive working in a collaborative, empowering environment.
- Ability to travel internationally.
The annual base salary range for this role is $290,000-$350,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen. Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Adyen Formula
The way we work is guided by the eight principles of the Adyen Formula. Learn more here.