This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Internal Auditor, US Regulatory Compliance
We are looking for an energetic and proactive Internal Auditor with experience in US regulatory compliance to support the company in building an ethical and sustainable business. You will play a key role in helping the company achieve its long-term goals by providing risk-based, independent and objective assurance and advice. You will join a growing team that is building the internal audit function of the future. You will work closely with the Management Board and all functional teams in all our offices worldwide, and report to the Head of Internal Audit.
What You’ll do:
- Proactively create a network within the company to be a trusted advisor for the first line functions and stay up to speed on the changing risk environment.
- Prepare, execute and report on operational and compliance internal audit assignments, in line with the audit policies and guidelines, professional judgment, auditing standards and guidance from the Head of Internal Audit.
- Provide and support management with an independent assessment of the effectiveness of the processes and the adequacy of risk management and the internal control environment.
- Facilitate the definition of smart solutions to identified deficiencies and/or opportunities for value creation.
- Identify opportunities that contribute to improvement of the audit methodology, way of working and audit function, and manage respective internal projects accordingly for implementation.
Who you are
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter with a hands-on mentality.
- You are looking for a fast-paced, and dynamic working environment and you recognize yourself in the Adyen formula.
- 3-5 years relevant working experience as a regulatory compliance auditor within a professional accountant’s firm, risk advisory firm and/or internal audit function.
- Good knowledge and understanding of US banking regulatory compliance and supervision.
- Good knowledge and understanding of data analytics and the drive and curiosity to identify opportunities to exploit this in your internal audit work.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in English.
- International experiences and comfortable working with different cultures and mindsets. Happy to travel.
- This role is based out of our New York city office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles
The annual base salary range for this role is $120,000-155,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The way we work is guided by the eight principles of the Adyen Formula.
To build the world's most customer-focused financial technology platform, we need as many different perspectives as possible. We’re looking for people from all sorts of backgrounds to contribute.