Team Lead, Core Infrastructure
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead, Core Infrastructure
As a team lead for Core Infrastructure, you will be responsible for building and managing a multi-discipline infrastructure engineering team in our Chicago office. You will work closely with the European-based infrastructure teams to align technical priorities and ensure a consistent global infrastructure strategy. Additionally, you will support local development and engineering teams in Chicago by providing the necessary infrastructure and resources to drive their success.
What you’ll do
- Hire, manage and coach a team of Containers, Kubernetes, Openstack, CI/CD, Linux engineers in Chicago.
- Support local development and engineering teams.
- Work closely with our European-based infrastructure teams to align and bring projects to completion.
- Act as a liaison between the team and other teams within the organization, such as development and operations.
- Maintain an inclusive team culture focused on autonomy, ownership, collaboration, communication, and impact.
Who you are
- An experienced leader with a passion for building and coaching a team of infrastructure engineers
- Someone who can inspire and coach a team to increase confidence, challenge the status quo and be globally connected.
- A strong communicator who can clearly explain technical concepts
- Experienced in managing technical projects in a fast paced environment.
- Someone with a technical background, who can understand and discuss a wide range of technical concepts
To learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Chicago office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The way we work is guided by the eight principles of the Adyen Formula.
Our engineers are building the first financial technology platform that combines payments, data, and financial services. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges.