This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
As Adyen continues to expand and deepen our product suite, we are looking for a strategic leader to continue and expand our exceptional 25% YoY processed volume growth with our Unified Commerce customers. Unified Commerce customers are companies that operate across multiple sales channels, with at least one of them being in an in-person environment.
The Unified Commerce Pillar’s five-year ambition is to accelerate the digital transformation of omnichannel businesses with unified payments, broader financial technology and data solutions.
Leading Adyen’s Sales team
As a sales team lead, you will drive global commercial strategy for our ambitions amongst Unified Commerce customers such as McDonalds, Uniqlo, H&M, and Hilton.
The scope of this role includes management of our enterprise salesforce in our New York office. The central goal of this role is to continue - and accelerate - the scale of our strong growth through individual impact and in the execution of the Sales team.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader, coach and networker with a consultative and commercial mindset, who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse, and entrepreneurial environment. As a critical member of the North American Team, this candidate will be an integral contributor to shaping Adyen’s momentum and team environment.
This role is based out of our New York office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and scale a Sales Team in New York, reporting into the Head of Sales NA to meet our growth targets and to capture the demand of Adyen’s offers across segments and verticals;
- Get involved in the largest, most strategic deals, managing executive relationships and helping the team get the deal over the finish line;
- Become a critical member of the NA Sales Management Team, working hand-in-hand with counterparts in Account Management, Marketing, Sales, and Product to achieve our mission in NA;
- Be a purposeful and empathetic change agent, embracing the ways of selling that make Adyen unique and desirable to customers while also bringing a fresh perspective on how we can operate at scale.
Who you are:
- A leader (4+ years experience leading) with experience scaling a sales organization;
- Payments industry or affiliated partner experience preferred;
- Extensive experience working in an Enterprise B2B context where sales cycles are long (6-18 months) and the sales approach is high-touch, multi-threaded and consultative;
- Experience in maintaining the most senior executive relationships at very large Enterprise prospects and helping close those deals;
- Data-driven in making decisions, setting goals, and driving success in the organization, while also embracing ‘hands on’ sales and qualitative metrics of success;
- Pragmatic way of working, high energy, has a creative mindset about dealmaking; manages & supports the team from the front lines and not from behind desk & reports;
- Empathetic leader who can affect change while also being firm on change management;
The salary range for this role is $170,000-$240,000 + commission + equity; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.