This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Adyen is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer for its Infrastructure & Operations team in Amsterdam.
The primary functions will be:
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Help teams on the implementation of new technologies initiatives.
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements
Who you are:
The person we’re looking for should have a solid understanding of emerging technologies, platforms and applications and the ability to customize them to help our organization to become more efficient and secure.
You have a solid Linux background, distributed systems experience and deep knowledge in AWS and GCP.
You probably have experience with some of the below mentioned technologies and concepts, and are willing to learn the others;
- Three or more years of experience in architecting, designing, developing and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms.
- AWS and GCP certifications preferred.
- Kubernetes and Containers ecosystem.
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience with IaC tools such as Terraform, atlantis
- Familiarity with Consul, Nomad and Vault
- Linux, HaProxy, Tomcat, Firewalls, network security protocols, databases, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS, HTTP(s).
- You’re comfortable with some scripting languages, bash, python, etc.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.