This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Head of HR Business Partnering
We’re looking for a Head of HR Business Partnering to support the leadership team in North America, manage a team of HR Business Partners in the region and be the connection to all functions within HR.
In this role you’ll ensure that the leadership and HRBP team are growing and getting the best from their people, promoting an environment where all employees feel valued and respected. You’ll be working closely with our global HR team to enhance hiring, learning, compensation and innovation initiatives in these regions.
When confronted with dilemmas and challenges we work with principles rooted in our Formula, not with written, standardized HR policies. We align globally, but take ownership regionally. This role requires you to effortlessly navigate between responsibilities related to long term strategic plans, team management, global HR initiatives, business partnering and day-to-day solutions to unique challenges. Our business and teams are growing rapidly and the role of HR is to enable scaling for the future while keeping our unique culture that brought us to where we are today.
You create impact by:
- Being an effective and sparring partner for the North America Leadership team and our Global Head of Account Management to all things related to people management and strategy
- Enabling and developing a growing team of HR Business Partners in North America
- Overseeing HR metrics such as business data analysis, identifying trends and recommending solutions on improving employee satisfaction and retention in the region
- Elevating leaders in the company, rather than managing teams
- Collaborating with a global, cross-functional team of subject-matter experts in HR (recruitment, compensation and benefits, learning and development and innovation projects) to develop, enhance and launch initiatives that meet the needs of our teams and help us retain and grow the best people in each region
- Coaching leaders to get the best from their teams and challenge as well as complement their thinking
- Acting as an ambassador for the Adyen Formula and the Leadership Drivers, guiding leaders to apply our core values in their day-to-day decisions
- Making things simpler rather than more complicated.
Who you are
- You’ve got at least 7 years of experience working with managers and leaders at all levels, in a people partnering role at a high-pace company
- You have the ability and experience to grow HR Business Partners and improve quality across the organization
- You have a solid understanding on working within a business partner organization globally
- You can connect the dots with speed and spot opportunities looking forward
- You have a strong sense of self, build trust quickly, and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo with managers
- You understand organizational dynamics, know what healthy, motivated, growing teams look like, and can give guidance on what to do to make this even better
- You have the ability to analyze data on the bigger picture of the organization and act on the outcomes
- You’re well versed in international labor law, and know how to get answers for the things you don’t know
- You are comfortable in ambiguity and can pull relevant components out of complex situations to connect the dots and make sound decisions - you know when to ask for help
- Leads with inclusive actions: Understands the importance of building a diverse and inclusive workforce on a global scale
- Strong business acumen
The annual base salary range for this role is $200,000-$220,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our San Francisco office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.