This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Product Manager, Data & Monitoring (In Person Payments)
The In Person Payments (IPP) teams at Adyen build payment solutions not only with traditional payment terminals in-store, but also with hand-held card readers in buses or on kiosks for autonomous stores. Adyen’s IPP solution is growing exponentially, and so we’re looking for a Product Manager focused on Data & Monitoring to join the team.
Are you an experienced, data and tech savvy Product Manager? If yes, join us and help us build impactful and insightful data products for our In-Person Payment solution. We are looking for someone that can manage a product end-to-end, starting with scoping requirements, ensuring the collection and validation of data points, to prototyping dashboards and setting up alerts. Your products would have the goal of, for example, monitoring the roll-out of our firmware, measuring the performance of our features, and sending alerts about failing payment transactions. This role is based out of our Amsterdam office.
What you’ll do:
- Product Management: Work collaboratively together with data engineers, data and product analysts, other product streams, operations, commercial teams, partners and merchants to improve our existing solution as well as working on industry revolutionising products and features
- Prioritisation: Talk to a variety of stakeholders to identify which projects are the most important for long term success
- Technical Proposals: Scope a varying degree of projects, from small improvements and bug fixes to large changes in infrastructure and product
- Project Tracking and Implementation: Drive proper project tracking and the continual implementation of needed tasks; ensure that there is a source of truth for the tasks at hand
- Knowledge sharing: Enable the rest of the organisation to use all aspects of the Adyen product you are developing/managing to the maximum, by passing on your knowledge including technical (features) and commercial (pricing)
Who you are:
- You have a fundamental understanding of databases, data pipelines and other relevant technologies
- You can manage data as a product including building a product roadmap, prioritising tasks, managing backlog, as well as all necessary steps to turn data points into insightful dashboards with meaningful alerts
- You are an extremely quick learner; you have outstanding analytical skills, and are not afraid to dive into complex, technical subjects
- You don’t sit around and wait until things happen by themselves. Plans and conditions always change, but you still navigate through any weather with a positive attitude
- You are looking for autonomy; the desire to be self directed
- You enjoy collaborating together with a variety of teams (engineering, design, data, operations and commercial), and feel comfortable speaking with merchants & partner
- You have 5+ years experience in an innovative tech company. Previous engineering/developer/data science background is a plus
- You can communicate in English fluently, both written and verbally, and are not afraid to get out there to let your voice be heard
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.