This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Our fast-paced Regulatory team is looking for a Legal / Compliance Officer. The successful candidate must be able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, including risk, product, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth. This position will report to the Regulatory Lead in Tokyo.
What you’ll do
- Provide advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on general legal, compliance and regulatory risks
- Draft and negotiate various Adyen agreements with partners and merchants
- Draft and negotiate various outsourcing agreements with third parties
- Conduct compliance monitoring to the relevant teams and report to the team leads
- Prepare and maintain corporate secretarial records for Japan including Commercial Registry records
- Assist and guidance other matters in Regulatory Legal Team
Who you are
- You are fully proficient in English and Japanese.
- You have at least 3 years of post qualified experience in a regulatory role, legal or compliance department or within a global institution.
- You will be an analytical thinker who can both set, and monitor, on relevant policies required to ensure controlled and sustainable growth.
- You will have solid interpersonal and communication skills, specifically you will be able to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures.
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
- You reside in Japan.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!