This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Engineering Manager, Development, Global Tax
Next to our payments offering Adyen is building an entire suite of embedded financial services for platforms such as marketplaces, SaaS platforms, on-demand platforms or crowdfunding platforms. This is the focus area of our Chicago tech hub!
We are starting a new engineering team in Chicago focused on building a scalable global tax solution for our customers. For this team we are looking for an Engineering Manager.
As engineering manager of the Global Tax team you will be working in collaboration with different teams working from our Chicago and Amsterdam offices.
What you will be doing
- Articulate complex technical concepts in front of different stakeholders in the business.
- Hire, manage and coach a team of java back-end developers located in Chicago.
- Work together with the product team to define engineering objectives for Adyen's global tax offering.
- Continuously think about the scalability and reliability of our tax solution as our customer base grows.
- Work in close collaboration with different teams across countries and timezones to bring projects over the finish line.
- Maintain an inclusive team culture focused on autonomy, ownership, collaboration, communication, and impact.
- Join the weekly meeting with all Team Leads and Staff Engineers in the platforms and financial services area around the globe.
Who you are
- An open-minded, but critical thinker who feels comfortable talking to stakeholders and challenging their ideas in a constructive way.
- Someone who can inspire and coach a team to increase confidence, challenge the status quo and be globally connected.
- Someone who can clearly communicate about technical concepts to non-developers.
- Experienced in leading technical projects in a fast paced environment.
- Balancing ‘launch fast and iterate’ in a way where momentum does not get in the way of tying up loose ends.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.