Manager, Technical Support
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Manager, Technical Support
As a Technical Support Manager, based in Chicago, you will lead a team that operates as a first point of contact for Adyen’s merchants across the globe. You will guide and develop the technical support team that works directly with merchants to help solve complex technical and operational questions. Day-to-day you will be working with multiple teams across Adyen, such as Operations, Engineering, Product, Account Management and Sales to provide white glove service and support.
Our team is merchant-focused, highly motivated, and thrives on our shared success. You will be part of an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. With Adyen being a 24/7 business we operate throughout time zones using a follow the sun principle. Our extensive payments knowledge and technical skillset is our most valuable asset both to our merchants and our internal teams. This is a full time position and does require working the occasional holiday and weekend to ensure business continuity.
What you’ll do
- Lead a customer facing team that is a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying technology stack, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices
- Collaborate across an international leadership team by scheduling and participating in monthly meetings, standardizing best practices and developing global alignment as we scale
- Recruit and hire talented Technical Support Engineers who can contribute to Adyen and our merchant’s growth
- Coach and mentor members of the Support team to fully prepare Technical Support Engineers to resolve technical challenges for Adyen’s merchants and grow their careers
- Help define and clearly communicate objectives and key results for the Support team
- Institute accountability, track team progress and success, and present results to Senior Leadership
Who you are:
- You are a people leader and have experience leading technical teams
- You are innovative, love dealing with ambiguity, have strong problem-solving capabilities and enjoy establishing processes and procedures
- You are able to serve as an escalation point to varied technical support requests and challenges
- Payments or Fintech experience is not required, but you must be able to communicate your enthusiasm for the space
- You can make quick informed decisions and prioritize requests for both internal and external stakeholders
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to interact with others clearly and empathetically
- Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally where required.
- You resonate with our Adyen Formula - learn more here!
Want to know more? Check out the following blog posts to hear from some of the team:
This role is based out of our Chicago office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The way we work is guided by the eight principles of the Adyen Formula.
Our engineers are building the first financial technology platform that combines payments, data, and financial services. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges.