This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Adyen is looking for a Data Analyst to join our US Data team in San Francisco. The ideal candidate is someone who is able to approach and understand complex problems in a structured manner, while converting the results into a compelling and actionable story for internal or external stakeholders.
Whether you come from the payments space or not, we need you to be an independent and enthusiastic thinker who is curious about how the payments ecosystem works and how that fits in with global commerce.
What you’ll do
- Framework Development – Work collaboratively with our cross-functional data teams to develop scalable and reusable frameworks for evaluating large datasets on the most pressing business questions
- Data Analysis - Determine the necessary data required to solve a wide variety of business problems; extract required data, and draw conclusions and recommendations. Whether it’s providing insights to our key products or facilitating new experiments with our merchants, you’ll be driving new initiatives to help Adyen grow 20x
- Be a Subject Matter Expert – Adyen’s SME for both merchants and internal stakeholders on payment optimization.
- Data Strategy - Shape next generation BI and data infrastructure. Build self service tools to enable business users.
- Storytelling – Turn your findings into effective communication and concise, actionable advice by connecting the data to a story.
- This role is based out of our San Francisco office
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
- Some domestic and international travel required
Who you are
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Technical Aptitude:
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, with proficiency in tools such as R, Python, and database SQL.
- Experience using stats (A/B testing, regression, etc)
- Experience with data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Global Perspective: Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally aware, both internally and with customers.) and enthusiastic and open to meet with the team in Amsterdam
The annual base salary range for this role is $135,000-$170,000; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.