This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Regulatory Product Counsel
Adyen is looking for an experienced Regulatory Product Counsel with a background in financial service offerings to both businesses and consumers. As a Regulatory Product Counsel, you will support Adyen’s (financial) product development. You will shape (financial) products by providing legal and regulatory guidance to Adyen’s product teams.
You will work closely together with the product, legal, compliance, risk and commercial teams around the world. You will be part of a group of people always looking for opportunities to innovate and challenge the status quo. You’re familiar with the regulatory landscape covering financial products, are able to understand the regulatory and legal challenges and find pragmatic solutions, in line with commercial and strategic objectives, which allow for scale.
What you’ll do
- Anticipate and spot key risks - from a practical, legal, compliance and regulatory perspective - and ensure these are addressed in a practical way;
- Provide concise and business focussed legal advice on financial services law and banking regulations for businesses and consumers, in line with Adyen’s commercial and strategic objectives which allow for scale;
- Create and maintain the regulatory framework, which forms the basis of the implementation of the advice into Adyen’s technology stack;
- Collaborate with Product Teams to translate the advice into product development, and be a sparring partner;
- Coordinate with external counsel to scope regulatory requirements and validate solutions.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience in working with EU/UK financial regulatory laws and financial product development, either in-house or at a reputable law firm;
- You have experience in working with regulated loans, (unregulated) cash advances, bank accounts and other types of payment accounts;
- You are able to understand complex product and regulatory challenges and convert them into structured solutions, which are actionable for both internal and external stakeholders;
- You are able to understand how products fit into regulations and are able to translate this into practical solutions to keep products uniform across various jurisdictions;
- You have awareness of relevant risks, the ability to determine the impact of these risks and are able to consider these when making decisions with Product Teams;
- You have solid interpersonal skills to communicate and interact with both internal and external stakeholders from varying disciplines and cultures;
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business;
- You have an LLM degree from an EU country or the UK.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.