This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Merchant Data Analyst
Adyen is looking for a Data Analyst to join our EMEA Data team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is able to approach and understand complex problems in a structured manner, while converting the results into a compelling and actionable story for internal or external stakeholders, like our merchants.
Whether you come from the payments space or not, we need you to be an independent and enthusiastic thinker who is curious about how the payments ecosystem works and how that fits in with global commerce.
What you’ll do
- Framework Development – Work collaboratively with our cross-functional data teams to develop scalable and reusable frameworks for evaluating large datasets on the most pressing business questions
- Data Analysis - Determine the necessary data required to solve a wide variety of business problems; extract required data, and draw conclusions and recommendations. Whether it’s providing insights to our key products or facilitating new experiments with our merchants, you’ll be driving new initiatives to help Adyen grow 20x
- Be a Subject Matter Expert – Adyen’s SME for both merchants and internal stakeholders on payment optimization.
- Data Strategy - Shape next generation BI and data infrastructure. Build self service tools to enable business users.
- Storytelling – Turn your findings into effective communication and concise, actionable advice by connecting the data to a story. You could be presenting to internal customers, but also to our merchants (the biggest and well known brands in the world) directly.
- This role is based out of our Amsterdam office
- This is a full-time position
- Some domestic and international travel required
Who you are
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Technical Aptitude:
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, with proficiency in tools such as R, Python, and database SQL.
- Experience using stats (A/B testing, regression, etc)
- Experience with data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Global Perspective: Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally aware, both internally and with customers.) and enthusiastic
Data positions at Adyen
We know companies handle different definitions for their data-related positions, this is for instance dependent on the size of a company. Since the birth of the Data Solution and the growth of all data streams, we categorized and defined all our positions. Have a look at this blogpost to find out!
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.