This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Data Platform Engineer, Observability Platforms
Adyen is looking for a Data Platform Engineer focusing on Observability Platforms to join our Infrastructure team in Amsterdam. Our on premise platforms are growing at a fast pace. You will operate as part of a group of data infrastructure engineers, data engineers, data scientists, developers and work together at the core data infrastructure on a global scale. You will be challenged with the fast growth needs of Adyen, by the different teams across the company and to bring innovative solutions everyday. You'll be asked to improve the current stack and support several highly skilled teams of data engineers, data scientists, and platform engineers in general. In this role, you will:
- Create, maintain and iterate solutions for getting insights on infrastructure and services supporting applications with focus on metrics, logs and application traces that improve Observability.
- Collaborate with operations and engineering teams, application developers, management and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term monitoring needs.
Who you are
- Background: you have demonstrable experience with designing, scaling and maintaining observability platforms, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment
- Technology: you must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with metrics platforms (Prometheus, AlertManager, Grafana) using security mechanisms (TLS), experience with Kubernetes, understanding of ELK stack, along with automation tools such as Ansible/Puppet. Linux optimization and debugging should be natural for you
- Experience with scripting (bash, Python)
- Experience using git
- Experience defining, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering best practices
- Mentality: Collaborative team player and have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
If you still feel this is not the right role for you, please check our data engineer position or Analytics Engineer role. How about sharing it with a friend or colleague who might be interested?
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.