Account Executive, Enterprise
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Account Executive, Enterprise
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive to join our Toronto office and help sell Adyen’s payment solutions to leading brands, with a focus on digital, e-commerce, and B2B SaaS platforms.
The ideal candidate is a born networker with a consultative mindset who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse, and entrepreneurial environment. Experience working within the Canadian tech ecosystem is a plus.
What you’ll do
- Become an expert and speak fluently about the dynamic space that is Payments.
- Identify and approach prospective customers, then negotiate and close deals.
- Generate new business for Adyen in areas like digital, SaaS platforms and marketplaces.
- Partner with technology leaders and solution providers, and work closely with our Sales Support, Implementation and Account Management teams.
- Travel (post-COVID) and network. Not only within Canada but also New York, San Francisco, and Amsterdam (~15%).
Who you are
- You have high levels of energy, love networking and connecting, and thrive in hands-on environments.
- You are positive and passionate about whatever it is you do and have a bias for action.
- You get excited by the prospect of being a member of a start-up within a growing organization, and you have a roll-up-your-sleeves, growth hacking mindset.
- You have experience in Payments – either having worked on the merchant or service side in areas like business development and payment, account or implementation management.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and “talk straight without being rude”.
- You are an analytical, strategic negotiator with a talent for closing deals.
- You are able to manage time-sensitive projects with little supervision, an entrepreneurial track record and a proven commercial edge.
- You are fluent in English.
- Fluency in French is a plus.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Toronto. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Canada.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The way we work is guided by the eight principles of the Adyen Formula.
To our customers we’re not just another technology provider. We’re partners in their growth. If you’re not just another sales leader, marketing professional, or support specialist then a career at Adyen is the right career for you.