This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
We’re looking for a UX Writer to join our passionate, creative, and diverse UX organization as an integral part of the design process. Adyen’s UX word nerds partner with product designers, UX researchers, product managers, and more to create content that shapes and uncomplicates experiences across our entire product offering. Payment products generally aren’t easy, but we’re on a mission to raise the bar in fintech. We strive to create products that aren’t just functional, but can be easy and educational experiences for our several thousand merchants and their millions of shoppers.
Keep in mind, this is not a content marketing position!
What you’ll do:
- Write amazing content for a particular product area, such as fraud protection or card issuing solutions. Meanwhile, contribute to writing workshops, content guidelines, and our design system.
- Apply insights from user research to guide your ideas, and validate your solutions with user testing and analytics.
- Advocate for the value of the UX writing across the company, including best practices for scalable content strategies, localization, and accessibility.
- Collaborate and exchange feedback regularly with stakeholders including product designers, developers, researchers, and other writers, while independently owning your work.
- Push beyond “just microcopy.” Regularly try (and fail) to use new ways of structuring, designing, and explaining content to improve the user experience.
- Spread the gospel of the Oxford comma, and always point out when it’s not used where it should be; discuss semicolons in depth.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience in designing content, shaping content strategy, and writing for products.
- Your experience proves that you are excited by complexity, and you thrive when breaking down financial and technical jargon.
- You’re highly skilled in adapting to the English language. You know every rule of writing, but you care more about how people actually interact with language in combination with digital design.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you spot a possible hiccup in the user experience, and you know which design or copy changes will solve it.
- You can balance many priorities. You see how everything fits into the full design landscape, from a subheading to a full product flow. Still, not one rogue hyphen slips past you.
- Collaboration is everything to you, and the word “ego” doesn’t appear in your dictionary.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.