This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Head of CDD & KYC APAC
As part of our regional growth, we are looking for the Head of CDD & KYC APAC, based out of Singapore. As the head of our underwriting and onboarding department, you will be responsible for managing three teams with different areas of focus: core underwriting, KYC operations, onboarding project management. You will work closely with your global counterparts on delivering the global and regional OKRs. This role also involves working closely with internal (compliance, commercial, product, legal teams) and external (merchants, card networks, regulators). You will become a part of our growth in improving merchant onboarding experience as well as scaling Adyen to the next level.
Your team is extremely customer-focused, highly motivated, and thrives on shared success. You will be part of an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
What you’ll do
- Lead the team that is responsible for the customer onboarding, KYC processes and scheme compliance in APAC. The aim of the team is to onboard customers efficiently in a compliant manner.
- Coach and mentor the team leads in the team and set the strategy for the entire team.
- Ensure effective and consistent communication throughout the team, encourage feedback and customer insight in order to enhance the customer experience and internal collaboration.
- Evaluate performance in accordance with key metrics, global and regional OKRs.
- Define and clearly communicate objectives and goals for the team, set the short term and long term direction for the team.
- Ensure deep and trusted partnerships with commercial teams across the regions in APAC and globally to facilitate risk-aware decision-making.
- Work with our compliance team to roll out and operationalise regional and global policies and procedures.
- Partner closely with operations and product teams, identify, evaluate and share APAC needs to the broader operations and product team.
- Recruit and develop a larger CDD & KYC team across different regions in APAC.
- Be a strong leader for our team.
Who you are
- 10+ years of relevant experience within onboarding, KYC and compliance, ideally at a financial services company, technology company, investment banking, management consulting and/or private equity experience.
- 5+ years of direct people management experience - you are an experienced and proven people leader.
- You have a growth mindset, multiplier mentality and strong inclination to solve problems via automation and optimization.
- You are a strong communicator - you are not afraid to question the status quo and common assumptions.
- You have a ‘not afraid to get your hands dirty’ mentality.
- You are innovative and you can deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment. You are able to flourish with a minimum guidance.
- You are able to serve as an escalation point to internal and external stakeholders.
- You are able to create collaborative relationships with commercial, compliance and product teams.
- You have an affinity for or a strong interest in Onboarding/KYC/CDD and operational processes optimization.
- You must be willing to travel, both regionally (within APAC) and globally when required.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them - voices like yours. So no matter where you're from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.