This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Strategy Manager, Retail - Unified Commerce
As Adyen continues to expand and deepen its product suite, we are looking for committed, strategic team members to drive global strategy amongst Unified Commerce Retail customers. Our Unified Commerce pillar separates our merchant base into several verticals: Retail, Food & Beverage, Hospitality & Entertainment, and Everyday Retail (e.g. grocery). You would be joining the Retail Vertical team which consists of merchants like Nike, H&M, LVMH, and Dick’s Sporting Goods. A merchant is considered Unified Commerce if it has a component of in-person payments in their business.
The Unified Commerce pillar is growing 67% YoY and the Retail vertical represents a large portion of that business; however, Adyen’s success in the US is still very much untapped. With you based in the US, a large portion of your time will be spent helping to set the strategy of how to win within this market. The rest of your time will focus on other global strategic projects that align with the vision of how to grow Retail at Adyen.
In this role, you will work in partnership with global product, partnerships, commercial, and marketing teams to see through the Retail vertical strategy. The rest of the Retail Vertical team members sit in Adyen’s HQ office in Amsterdam, but there are several Unified Commerce team members based in New York as well as many commercial stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Set the strategy for generating new business in Retail with a strong focus on the US.
- Understand external trends and insights about our retailers, products, and the industry to help shape the positioning of our solution.
- Be one of the go-to retail knowledge owners at Adyen.
- Work in cross-functional and global teams to unlock opportunities of growth for Retail.
- Represent Adyen at external and internal events as a retail thought leader.
- Be comfortable presenting to customers, senior stakeholders, and on stage at events.
- Assist commercial teams with strategic projects to help them unlock new opportunities.
- Work with product marketing and country marketing teams to identify top events to attend in order to generate business as well as make sales and marketing collateral that speak to Adyen’s USPs for retailers.
- Work with the Product to identify the future product roadmap that benefits Retail merchants and create business cases to help them prioritize.
- Serve as senior stakeholder when needed to help ensure strategic deals are executed well, sometimes serving on the broader ‘pitch team’ for such prospects/accounts.
- Guide and inform pricing strategy for our solution and its products.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of management consulting, strategy, retail experience. Payments experience is a plus
- You are structured in your way of thinking, take a customer-first mindset, and enjoy working at the intersection of product and commercial strategy
- You are an enthusiastic and experienced problem solver; you identify challenges and can design and implement innovative solutions
- You are a practiced public speaker and speaking in front of senior stakeholders or on stage excites you
- You are flexible in how you approach different stakeholders & topics and are always committed and very hands-on in getting things done
- You have experience with go-to-market strategies, business cases, and market studies
- You have a strong affinity for numbers and live by an analytical approach
- You feel comfortable in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where you will be driving multiple projects whilst continuously evaluating and prioritizing them to maximize impact
- You can prioritize and communicate efficiently
- Past work experience working for a Retailer or within a Retail ecosystem solution provider is a plus
- Ability to travel internationally and work across time zones
The annual base salary range for this role is $150,000 to $175,000. To learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So, no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen. Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our New York office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.