This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
At Adyen, we treat data and data artifacts as first-class citizens. They form our backbone and drive the business and product insights we generate. To this end, Adyen is looking for a Data Engineer to join our development team in Amsterdam, a person that understands the business context and the data needs behind it, and knows how to implement quality data pipelines on our Big Data Platform.
What you’ll do:
- Develop High-Quality Data Pipelines: Design, develop, deploy, and operate ETL/ELT pipelines in PySpark. Your work will directly contribute to the creation of visually stunning reports, analytics, and datasets for both internal and external use.
- Collaborative Solution Development: Partner with product teams, specialists, and data analysts to analyze data requirements and transform these insights into effective data pipelines.
- Orchestrate Data Flow: Utilize orchestration tools to manage data pipelines efficiently, with experience in Airflow being a significant advantage.
- Champion Data Best Practices: Advocate for performance, code quality, data validation, data governance, and discoverability. Ensure that the data provided is accurate, performant, and reliable.
- Ensure Code Quality: Implement rigorous testing protocols for your code, with experience in Pytest being highly valued.
- Knowledge Sharing and Training: Conduct data analytics training sessions and spread best practices throughout the organization, enhancing the overall data literacy.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in Big Data Technologies: You bring at least 2 years of hands-on experience, with a focus on ETL/ELT development, ideally in PySpark and Airflow.
- Technically Proficient: You have a strong command of Python and SQL, coupled with a good understanding of software engineering and data engineering principles.
- Skilled in Orchestration Tools: Experience with data pipeline orchestration tools, particularly Airflow, is a plus.
- A Clear Communicator: You excel in articulating complex data-related concepts and outcomes to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Innovative Thinker: You possess an experimental mindset, valuing quick launches and iterative processes. A strong background in statistics, mathematics, or engineering is a plus.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of The Netherlands.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.